‘Excellence, Truth and Grace’
‘Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.’
Philippians 4: 8-9
Middleton Parish Church School exists to ensure that our children:
- Recognise their own greatness.
- Are secure in who they are.
- Know that they are loved by God.
- Achieve everything that they are capable of whilst with us.
- Receive the very best opportunities to succeed in the 21st Century.
In order to achieve this we need to:
- Be a school that worships and celebrates together.
- Welcome parents and recognise that they are the foundation of their children's learning.
- Develop a curriculum that provides challenge and opportunities to grow for each child.
- Have a highly trained staff that holds the very best interests of the children at the heart of everything they do.
- Serve the community of the parish of St. Leonards to fulfil the mission of the church in school.
Links with St. Leonard’s
As a worshipping school we have developed strong links with the parish of St. Leonard’s so that we can encourage and nurture children’s faith. These include: -
- Rector led assemblies
- Church services – led by the children and Junior Faith Leaders
- Big Questions – Year 6
- Easter, Pentecost & Prayer Experiences